The New Bedford Economic Development Council sees real estate development as a primary means to further the ongoing transformation of the city. The city is stronger when underutilized commercial and retail spaces are occupied by newly established and growing companies that employ New Bedford area residents.
The NBEDC can provide a high level of technical assistance for real estate development projects in such areas as: site selection, pre-planning, financing, permitting and incentive agreements. The NBEDC team members are often vital in negotiations with state agencies, lending institutions and even amongst separate private interests. This assistance is based on our extensive municipal, state and federal experience in facilitating successful projects for the growth of New Bedford.
We can also provide direct assistance to property owners with market their spaces and guide both the owner and lessee through all of the steps required to permit and occupy the space in the most effective path possible. We will also provide assistance with the local and state programs available to support small and growing businesses.
This assistance program is available to manufacturing, professional office, retail space owners and independent real estate developers and brokers. The NBEDC offers these services at no charge.
- An initial meeting with an NBEDC senior staff member to review needs, anticipated next steps and expected outcomes
- The direct contact information for the necessary city and state agencies and other related service providers expected to be encountered along the project time lime
- A senior level single point of contact, assigned by the NBEDC that will work with you throughout the life of the project (i.e. planning, build-out, opening event)
- Relationships with the required city and state agencies and other related service providers, including documentation gathering assistance, data collection and meeting attendance—all scheduled, introduced, and managed by the NBEDC
- Support and advocacy on the project’s behalf for local, state, and federal programs (i.e. historic/new market tax credits.)
- As requested, the NBEDC will offer introductions to other private sector partners/vendors and act as an intermediary (i.e. professional services and vendors on either end of the supply chain)
Property owners, lessees, or project leads will have a priority level of service with our lending program.